Things to do in Memphis
Explore the very best things to do in Memphis with these top 10 must-see attractions.
- The Mississippi River - The 2nd longest river in the United States and the largest by volume, the Mississippi River offers nearly 5 miles of parks which are perfect for outdoor recreation plus riverboat cruises, canoe rentals, and other water activities.
- Beale Street - The most famous street in Memphis and home to more than 25 clubs, restaurants and shops, Beale Street has something for everyone from authentic soul food to live music and souvenirs, great nightlife and more.
- The National Civil Rights Museum - A one of a kind facility that showcases the struggle for civil rights in the United States. This museum attracts thousands of visitors every year from all over the world. The museum is housed in the renovated Lorraine Motel which is the very hotel where Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated in 1968.
- Gibson Guitar Factory Tour - A docent-led tour of 16 work stations in the Gibson Guitar Factory in downtown Memphis.
- The Rendezvous Restaurant - Memphis is a city famous for its barbecue and perhaps the most famous barbecue restaurant in town is the Rendezvous.
- AutoZone Park - Home of the Memphis Redbirds, a AAA minor league team affiliated with the St. Louis Cardinals
- Sun Studio - Recording home to many artists such as Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Ike Turner, and more. Today it still functions as a recording studio, but also as a tourist attraction for music lovers from all over the world.
- The Memphis Zoo - One of the city's most popular attractions, the Memphis Zoo has over 3,000 animals on its 70 acres
- Pink Palace Museum - If you want a glimpse into Memphis history, this is the place to visit. It is the largest museum of its kind in the southeast and houses an impressive collection of exhibits designed to teach visitors about the cultural and natural history of Memphis and the mid-south.
- Graceland - One of Memphis' most popular tourist attractions. Visitors can tour Elvis' mansion, visit his grave, and view his collection of automobiles and airplanes. For Elvis or even music fans in general, this is a must see attraction while in Memphis.
Experience more Memphis attractions when you stay at our Beale Street hotel!